Saint Louis Behavioral Medicine Institute (SLBMI), an academic affiliate of Saint Louis University School of Medicine, is growing and is currently recruiting professionals to join us. St. Louis Behavioral Medicine Institute (SLBMI) is a multidisciplinary group of clinicians including: psychologists, social workers, Licensed Professional Counselors psychiatrists, spiritual directors, art therapist, and dietitians. Our primary mission is to provide evidence-based specialized care for various disorders and patient populations.
We support our clinicians to be successful in a number of ways. You would be part of a team of excellent colleagues willing to share their clinical expertise for case consultation, continuing education, and program development. We offer a centralized intake office with a steady flow of clients for clinicians, an efficient and professionally run billing service, marketing support, assistance in managing managed care, and consultation on practice development. The Institute provides a comprehensive benefits package, rarely found in private practice, as well as professional liability insurance.
EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PLAN OPTIONS
- Paid time off for vacations, holidays, and sick time
- Aetna Health Insurance/Prescription Plan
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic, Supplemental, and Dependent Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Short-Term and Long- Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plan – 401K with a match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Malpractice Insurance
- Travelers Automobile & Home-owners Insurance
- Genworth Long Term Care Insurance
- MetLaw – Legal Plans
- MetLife Critical Illness Insurance
The Institute is a place to do challenging work and grow professionally. Thank you for your consideration of these positions:
- Clinical Job Opportunities
- Physician Job Opportunities
- Postdoctoral Clinical Fellowships
- Postgraduate Fellowships
- Non-Clinical Job Opportunities
- Clinical Practicum for Graduate Students
Clinical Job Opportunities
Specialty areas of current interest for which we are now hiring licensed psychologists and licensed clinicians include:
- Child, Adolescent, and Family: Clinicians in this program treat youth-onset presentations of anxiety, OCD, depression and mood dysregulation, ADHD/executive functioning, noncompliance, negative behaviors and autism/related disorders. Other common referral concerns include adjustment to life stressors, familial changes, trauma, academic pressures and peer conflicts. Assessment experience with ADHD, anxiety/mood disorders and autism is valuable. We encourage applicants who have subspecialty interests and training. Desired specialized areas include adolescent DBT (individual and group) for self- harm behaviors and emotional dysregulation; skills- based group therapy for ADHD/EF and/or social skills; Trauma-Focused CBT; adolescents and young adults presenting with autism spectrum disorders; and behavioral family therapy, including PCIT for young children. Please email application materials to Camille Randall, Ph.D. at [email protected]
- Center for OCD & Anxiety-Related Disorders: Provide evidence-based assessment and treatment of a full spectrum of anxiety and obsessive-compulsive-related conditions. Treatment is provided within both a traditional outpatient setting, as well as within an Intensive Outpatient Program. Clinicians are expected to carry an outpatient caseload and act as a primary therapist to patients within the IOP program. We encourage applicants who have subspecialty interests and training. Please email application materials to C. Alec Pollard, Ph.D. at [email protected]
- Co-located Care with Primary Care and SLBMI: We are seeking licensed clinicians to provide outpatient psychotherapy located within a Primary Care practice in the St. Louis area. Candidates should have strong generalist skills, clinical experience with a wide age range of adults and/or children & adolescents, as well as experience or interest in working closely with Primary Care Providers and/or integrated care models. The co-located therapist will maintain an outpatient practice with a 45-50 minute session format in a Primary Care practice setting. This position will be split with another position within the Institute, so please indicate in your cover letter the additional SLBMI program(s) that you would also be interested in. Please email application materials to Dawn Prentice, LCSW, at [email protected]
- Clinical Director of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT): We are looking for an experienced clinician with strong skills and experience delivering DBT adherent to the Linehan protocol. The ideal candidate would be interested and qualified for a clinical management role in DBT Services, which includes multiple skills groups and an IOP. The clinician will deliver both DBT IOP and outpatient DBT services, including participation in the consultation team. Previous experience with program development and management strongly preferred. This position includes opportunity for growth of the program, including potentially the development of expanding both the adult and adolescent treatment services. Please email applications to Jessica Gerfen, Ph.D. at [email protected]
- Eating Disorders Program: This program offers treatment programs for Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorders, Emotional Overeating, Compulsive Exercising, and more. We are looking for licensed candidates who have experience with adolescents and adults with eating disorders specifically in one or more of the following modalities: CBT and FBT or DBT. Please email application materials to [email protected]
- Marriage & Family Therapy Specialist: Candidates for this position need to have graduate or post-graduate training in marriage and family therapy, such as an AAMFT approved training program. Candidates also need to be on (or eligible for) insurance credentialing. The successful candidate will have experience applying evidenced based, family systems psychotherapeutic interventions with couples, families and individuals from diverse backgrounds and with diverse presenting concerns, and have additional specialties that enhance the clinical services of St. Louis Behavioral Medicine Institute. Interested candidates need to identify in their cover letter the additional specialty program they would also like to be considered for. Please send your cover letter, vita, and list of managed care panels of which you are a member to [email protected]
- Neuropsychology: We are recruiting for a Neuropsychologist who is well versed in providing psychodiagnostic services to patients and presenting these diagnostic results to appropriate clinical staff and referral sources. In addition to neuropsychological assessment, it is also expected that the clinician provides therapeutic services to a diverse client population. Preferences will be given to already board certified clinicians experienced with patient populations including those with neurodegenerative diseases, intellectual deficiencies, attention and memory problems, executive functioning delays/deficits, and sensory-motor/perceptual disturbances. Please send your cover letter, vita, and list of managed care panels of which you are a member to [email protected]
- Psychology & Religion: This program, which specializes in the integration of spirituality and psychotherapy, is seeking a licensed psychologist to provide psychological evaluations for clergy, religious, and candidates for ministry; and evidenced based psychotherapy and educational seminars for clergy and laity. Preference will be given to psychologists who: a) have graduate level training or substantial clinical experiencing in the integration of religion/spirituality and psychotherapy; b) have expertise in psychological evaluation and report writing; c) have excellent written and oral communication skills; d) bring a clinical specialization which complements the Institute’s current offerings (e.g., neuropsychology, addiction specialist, couples and family). Job responsibilities will include providing psychological evaluations for clergy and lay ministers, individual psychotherapy and group psychotherapy, providing educational talks in parishes, and providing quarterly workshops/retreats for ministers. Candidates must be licensed or license eligible to practice psychology in the Missouri. Please send your cover letter, vita, and list of managed care panels of which you are a member to [email protected]
- Substance Abuse: Candidates should have skills and background supporting evidence-based care for the assessment and treatment of substance abuse. This specialty area promotes a comprehensive treatment approach and aims to address not only substance misuse- abuse but also to resolve related issues in social, emotional, occupational, and/or mental health functioning. The clinician within this position will be involved in a medically assisted treatment program and working closely with Institute psychiatrists. Please email applications to [email protected]
Candidates should email a letter of interest describing their areas of specialized interest, vitae, and a list of current managed care panels to the delegated person for each position. Please also send a copy of your cover letter and CV to [email protected].
Physician Job Opportunities
SLBMI is recruiting for both an Adult and Child Psychiatrist to see children, adolescents, and adults.
Psychiatrists at the Institute receive significant support for their success, including centralized intake, marketing support, credentialing support, managed care management, a professionally run billing service, and opportunities to pursue their current clinical interests. Psychiatrists are supported in their practice by clinical teams who can provide non-pharmacological treatments in coordination with psychiatric care.
Candidates should submit a letter of interest describing their areas of specialized interest, vitae, and a list of current managed care panels to:
Ronald B. Margolis, Ph.D., CEO
1129 Macklind Ave.,
St. Louis, MO 63110.
Non-Clinical Job Opportunities
Medical office administrative/clerical positions may be available. 2+ years of related experiences are required. Interested candidates should submit their resume to Debbie Milfelt ([email protected]). For more information regarding our current non-clinical job opportunities please contact: Debbie Milfelt by e-mail or by phone: (314)289-9408.
SLBMI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.