Saint Louis Behavioral Medicine Institute (SLBMI), an academic affiliate of Saint Louis University School of Medicine, is growing and is currently recruiting professionals to join us. St. Louis Behavioral Medicine Institute (SLBMI) is a multidisciplinary group of clinicians including: psychologists, social workers, Licensed Professional Counselors psychiatrists, spiritual directors, art therapist, and dietitians. Our primary mission is to provide evidence-based specialized care for various disorders and patient populations.
We support our clinicians to be successful in a number of ways. You would be part of a team of excellent colleagues willing to share their clinical expertise for case consultation, continuing education, and program development. We offer a centralized intake office with a steady flow of clients for clinicians, an efficient and professionally run billing service, marketing support, assistance in managing managed care, and consultation on practice development. The Institute provides a comprehensive benefits package, rarely found in private practice, as well as professional liability insurance.
We also offer employment within a Specialist in Training model option. This model consists of a three to six month period. Generally this time consists of: weekly supervision; assigned reading; didactic sessions to discuss the readings and receive additional education; increased conceptualization in treatment plans reviewed by your supervisor; attendance of open supervision and discussion of other SLBMI programs that may be part of your training time. Other types of activities may be possible which would enhance your skills a clinician in general, as well as within your specialty area. The overall goals are: 1) knowledge of the scientific, theoretical knowledge, and therapeutic approaches to working within your specialty program area, 2) ability to perform relevant evaluations and assessments, 3) applying scientific knowledge within the context of your psychological interventions, and 4) to independently evaluate and provide therapeutic practice for the specific program you are within. At the end of the Specialist in Training period, you and your supervisor would review your current standing and make a decision whether you should go forward to a full clinical caseload under more limited supervision.
EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PLAN OPTIONS
- Paid time off for vacations, holidays, and sick time
- Aetna Health Insurance/Prescription Plan
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic, Supplemental, and Dependent Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Short-Term and Long- Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plan – 401K with a match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Malpractice Insurance
- Travelers Automobile & Home-owners Insurance
- Genworth Long Term Care Insurance
- MetLaw – Legal Plans
- MetLife Critical Illness Insurance
The Institute is a place to do challenging work and grow professionally. Thank you for your consideration of these positions:
- Clinical Job Opportunities
- Physician Job Opportunities
- Postdoctoral Clinical Fellowships
- Postgraduate Fellowships
- Non-Clinical Job Opportunities
- Clinical Practicum for Graduate Students
Clinical Job Opportunities
Specialty areas of current interest for which we are now hiring licensed psychologists and licensed clinicians include:
- Director, Eating Disorders Program: We are looking for an experienced licensed clinician who has a specialty focus with pre-teens, adolescents and/or adult populations with eating disorders. Previous experience with program development and management strongly preferred. Responsibilities will include clinical program development and growth, quality assurance, direct clinical care provision, oversight of two Eating Disorder IOPs, and business development. Please send your cover letter, vita, and list of managed care panels of which you are a member to Laura Huff, Ph.D. at [email protected].
- Clinical Director, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT): We are looking for an experienced clinician with strong skills and experience delivering DBT adherent to the Linehan protocol. The ideal candidate would be interested and qualified for a clinical management role in DBT Services, which includes multiple skills groups and an IOP. The clinician will deliver both DBT IOP and outpatient DBT services, including participation in the consultation team. Previous experience with program development and management strongly preferred. This position includes opportunity for growth of the program, including potentially the development of expanding both the adult and adolescent treatment services. Please send your cover letter, vita, and list of managed care panels of which you are a member to Jessica Gerfen, Ph.D. at [email protected].
- Center for OCD & Anxiety-Related Disorders: We are looking for a clinician with expertise in the area of anxiety to provide evidence-based assessment and treatment of a full spectrum of anxiety and obsessive-compulsive-related conditions. Treatment is provided within both a traditional outpatient setting, as well as within an Intensive Outpatient Program. Clinicians are expected to carry an outpatient caseload and act as a primary therapist to patients within the IOP program. We encourage applicants who have subspecialty interests and training. Please send your cover letter, vita, and list of managed care panels of which you are a member to C. Alec Pollard, Ph.D. at [email protected].
- Women’s Reproductive Mental Health and Wellness: We are looking to add a clinical staff member to our team with expertise in the area of women’s health. The candidate that has experience treating cases of postpartum depression, postpartum anxiety, and postpartum obsessive-compulsive disorder would be well suited for this program. Demonstrated experience treating patients after miscarriages, pregnancy losses, and through high-risk pregnancies is required. We willingly treat non-traditional couples with their reproductive mental health issues, thus an openness to treating LGBT patients and couples with intimacy and sexual performance problems is expected. Please send your cover letter, vita, and list of managed care panels of which you are a member to Patrice Ryan, Ph.D. at [email protected].
Candidates should email a letter of interest describing their areas of specialized interest, vitae, and a list of current managed care panels to the delegated person for each position, as well as send the aforementioned material to [email protected].
Physician Job Opportunities
SLBMI is recruiting for both an Adult and Child Psychiatrist to see children, adolescents, and adults.
Psychiatrists at the Institute receive significant support for their success, including centralized intake, marketing support, credentialing support, managed care management, a professionally run billing service, and opportunities to pursue their current clinical interests. Psychiatrists are supported in their practice by clinical teams who can provide non-pharmacological treatments in coordination with psychiatric care.
Candidates should submit a letter of interest describing their areas of specialized interest, vitae, and a list of current managed care panels to:
Jessica Gerfen, Ph.D., CEO
1129 Macklind Ave.,
St. Louis, MO 63110.
Please visit: https://www.slbmi.com/consultation-training/postdoctoral-clinical-fellowships for information on how to apply for positions. Positions are currently filled for 2019-2020.
Non-Clinical Job Opportunities
Medical office administrative/clerical positions may be available. 2+ years of related experiences are required. Interested candidates should submit their resume to Debbie Milfelt ([email protected]). For more information regarding our current non-clinical job opportunities please contact: Debbie Milfelt by e-mail or by phone: (314)289-9408.
SLBMI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.