Child Behavior Disorders
All kids misbehave some times, but behavior disorders go beyond mischief and rebellion. With behavior disorders, your child or teen has a pattern of hostile, aggressive or disruptive behaviors for more than 6 months. Warning signs can include:
- Harming or threatening themselves, other people or pets
- Damaging or destroying property
- Lying or stealing
- Not doing well in school, skipping school
- Early smoking, drinking or drug use
- Early sexual activity
- Frequent tantrums and arguments
- Consistent hostility towards authority figures
If you see signs of a problem, contact us.
For additional resources on child behavior disorders or conduct disorders, please visit the following:
- Child Behavior Disorders, from National Institutes of Health
For more information on our services or to schedule an appointment at St. Louis Behavioral Medicine Institute, please contact us at (314) 289-9411 for our St. Louis City location and (636) 532-9188 for our Chesterfield location, you can also choose to complete our online inquiry form. We look forward to speaking with you.